Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Proud of what I achieved here at Scality

IDC recently published the second Object Storage MarketScape study and Scality is number 1. This is the right moment for me as well for a general comment. Starting in October 2011 with Scality at a time almost nobody knew the company, I worked hard to ingest some storage culture (Scality has a strong distributed systems DNA) and boost visibility for Scality in press and analyst, build content as almost nothing existed before, I introduced 4 product generations on the market, drove and built all competition analysis, moved the positioning from Object Storage to Unified Storage to Software-Defined Storage, led the OpenStack initiative, represented Scality to industry bodies, foundations and associations, and started an ISV ecosystem to penetrate vertical segments and use cases. In a nutshell, this is what I did at Scality, 3 jobs in 1, Product Management, Product Marketing and Industry Partnership, we named it Product Strategy. I'm proud of that period and IDC last result is the perfect illustration of my contribution.
Share:

0 commentaires: